Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A new year, and new resolutions...

Right - so start anew and see how long I can do it! I've now challenged myself to write at least three times a week here, if not more often. It's one of my many new year's resolutions. Others include the normal "lose weight", "sort out money situations", and the more work driven, "give recognition for a job well done more often!"

Today just happens to be the second day of the great snow/ice storm of 2009. Above is just a pic of the iced/snowed woods behind our house. It is beautiful - but a menace to drive in. So I'm glad we are at Snow Emergency Level 3! Paul and I went to the grocery last night and that was a hassle on the roads.

I'm looking forward to a lot of things - mostly to April as it will be a one year anniversary for us, and to June when we might be able to take a vacation. But we will see. For now, our focus as a family is spending time together, staying warm, and continuing to search for a job for Paul. He thinks he has a lead, and I'm praying he gets it.

Anyway, I'm just taking a break from working at home - VPN is a wonderful invention. But I hate it at 7:30 AM on what should be a snow day!

No comments: