Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dog Days of Summer



Morning was a little rough. After yesterday, paul and I wanted a lie-in. but at 9 AM we both got woken by a face-licking from Jojo, our sweet Shih-Tzu. Or so he usually is. Paul was still sleeping, so I thought I would be nice and get up to take Jojo out for a quick whizz. You have to put a harness on him in the morning because he always thinks that he is going on an hour walk with Paul. So I put his harness on but don't attach the top clip as I was half asleep. I didn't dress to be out further than my own yard, in a baseball cap, in sandals. I expected him to do his thing in my yard and be done with it. But Jojo had other ideas. He headed for the fire hydrant at the end of our drive. He tugged on the leash and the harness velcro came undone. The rest of the harness just slipped off him because the little pup is so skinny. Jojo was determined and took off for the top of the street. I kept calling after him in my "you are in trouble" voice. He would stop, look at me, then run on. This game went on all the way to the lake. The only reason I caught him was because he stopped to do some longer business. I was livid and scared and pissed off at him. The whole way home, I kept him on a short leash, but did not yell. My body language told him enough. When I got home, I crawled back into bed with Paul and cried until I had migraine. Then I slept until noon.

The rest of the day was normal for a lazy Sunday. I rp-ed with Elizabeth, ran Paul to Wal-mart for a short shop, ate a lovely dinner Paul made, and did the dishes. I'm not ready to go back to work, but I know I have to. I really need a break - I can't wait for Labor Day!!!

2 comments:

Sair said...

That is scary. Can you be sure the harness won't become loosened again? (((HUGS))) Having had dogs in the past I know where you're coming from.

Lizzie said...

Yes, it was because I didn't clip the top clip - a mistake I won't make again...